What is Giggles and Grace?
Giggles and Grace is a consignment sale at Asbury United Methodist Church in Birmingham, AL. The sale occurs once in the Spring and once in the Fall. Many children’s clothes, youth clothes, toys, books, shoes, baby furniture, and many more items are available for purchase. The sale is conducted by a staff of volunteers. Proceeds from the sale are used to pay the consigners. All remaining proceeds are given to the Asbury UMC children’s program and various mission groups in the area.
Spring 2015 Consignment Sale
February 13th 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
February 14th 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
(select items will be 50% off on February 14th)
Receiving Notes for Spring 2015
- Consignors please ensure that you have the proper tags when bringing your items to be received. The tags must be the proper size of roughly 3.25″ high by 2.25″ inches wide. All tags MUST be on WHITE CARD STOCK. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Random tags will be scanned during receiving for each consignor. Any items that do not scan will be returned to the consignor and given the opportunity to correct and re-receive.
- Giggles and Grace will no longer accept craft type items of any kind. This includes, but is not limited to beads, jewelry kits of any kind, window clings, markers, coloring books, and band looms. The Glove shoes (individual toe shoes) and foreign sized jeans will no longer be accepted.
- When bagging shoes please only put shoes in the bag, no boxes. No foreign sizes on shoes will be accepted, only US size.
Receiving Dates for Spring 2015
February 11th (Wednesday)
February 12th (Thursday morning)
DROP-and-GO EXPRESS Hours: Wed. 5:30-8:30pm ONLY & Thurs. 9:45-11:45am ONLY
NEW SHOPPING GUIDELINES
Due to recent improvements Asbury has made to the gym floor, we will have new guidelines on baskets permitted for shopping the sale.We will no longer allow any type basket that has wheels or rolls on the floor. As well, all laundry baskets must have a clean towel attached to the bottom; however they still must be carried and not scooted or dragged across the floor. We realize this will become difficult after the basket is full of clothes, but you will need to take items back and forth to your “pile” rather than drag your items behind you. Towels on the bottom of baskets will protect the floor during the times you must set your basket down.
If your basket does not have a towel attached to the bottom, you will have to leave it outside the gym doors.
You will be able to set your baskets down while you are in the checkout line, as we will have the checkout path carpeted.
We hope you will understand our new policies as we aim to be good stewards of Asbury’s resources and protect the investments our church has recently made in improving our gym facilities.
Registration for Spring 2015
Spring 2015 Registration will be January 12th at 6:30 a.m.
- We have a NEW shift!!! Our Angel shift is a volunteer shift on Saturday for six hours. When registering please consider this new shift. If you choose this shift when asked on registration page to choose “Giggle” or “Grace” please choose “Grace.” We have not had the opportunity to add our new shift to registration option. You will receive the correct shopping pass for your six hour shift. As always, thank you so much for volunteering for Giggles and Grace.
- Check out the NEW FINANCE Page for Consignor & Shopping Information!
If you would like to receive an email reminding you about the next consignment sale, please complete the information below and click ‘Send’.
(Gmail Users please note that your dashboard has been updated and emails from Giggles and Grace may not be in the Primary email folder. Please be sure to check the Social and Promotions folders for up to date information.)
If you would like to be added to the Asbury Giggles and Grace Prayer list, please use the following form: